SCSD Eagle Rays Swim Club
Goals of the Club
- Become a feeder program to the high school interscholastic swim program
- Offer competitive swimming opportunities to all students
- Promote swimming in the community
- Promote team spirit and friendships
- Promote swimming at all levels of ability
- Encourage and foster swimming as a healthy and safe form of sport
- Member of USA Swimming
- Endorse a healthy environment for swimmers to develop their skills
- Encourage swimmers to compete at the highest levels of swimming
About the Club
The Syracuse Eagle Rays Aquatics Club is a non-profit youth organization funded through self-membership fees, fundraising activities and grants. The club is a registered member of United States Swimming, Inc., which is the only national governing body of amateur swimming in the United States.
The Eagle Rays maintain an emphasis at “entry level” which means we keep the fun in swimming for your children. The Eagle Rays staff encourages participation without pressure. They will teach and explain detail, motivate with reassurance, and challenge for improvements. The Eagle Rays is based on the philosophy of attracting kids to the pool, offering opportunity to learn, and then developing excellence through practice, experience and guidance. We encourage parental involvement in all aspects of our program.